I wanted to provide a list of things that I wanted to talk about in the coming days and weeks. Here is what I have so far:
1) Our history with doctors and medicine
2) Our experience with ECT
3) Our financial struggles because of depression
4) How depression has affected our marriage
5) What to do when medicine "poops out?"
6) Why is it so hard to find a good psychiatrist?
7) Why do doctors have a problem with anxiety medicine Xanax and Clonipin?
Friday, October 14, 2011
I love roller coasters. There is the anticipation of waiting for the ride to start. There is the upps and the downs. There is the feeling of falling. There are times where you are whipped back and forth. Dealing with a loved one who has depression has included all of these elements. But, it has been so worth it. It hasn't been easy but I believe all things happen for a reason and that in the end, I am a stronger person.
Since 1988, I've been helping someone deal with depression. That person is my wife. It has been a rollercoaster ride. I have learned a few things along the way. It is my hope to share some of my experiences to help others deal with taking care of loved ones who have depression.